Monday, February 14, 2005

Adventures in Alamo Land: One More Reason to Hate Subway

So I've decided to break up the stories from my trip to San Antonio into a series of entries rather than one really long boring one. The first story, as you can tell from the title, is about my great Subway adventure. Here it is:

Thursday night, I've just had rehearsals for the All State Choir from 9am to 9pm. Needless to say, I'm a little bit hungry. I check out all the restaurants at the mall and none of them seem appealing, mostly because NONE of them are actual franchises of restaurants, but mostly just knock off wannabes. So I head outsides in the streets of downtown San Antonio to find some food. I end up at Fuddrucker's Hamburgers and am really excited about having a good burger, but unfortunately the line is WAY too long and I only have like, 30 minutes till I have to be back for more rehearsal. So I give in and decide to go to Subway. (I say "give in" because I HATE Subway, if I ruled the world, all Subways would be Blimpies. I however, don't rule the world, but you just wait, JUST wait.) Anyway, I walk in and the line is for once, not long at all, and this makes me feel just a little bit better about having to eat there. Then, out comes the server dude. "We don't have no bread. You'll have to leave." I laughed back and him and proceeded to tell him my order. "No. We Don't Have No Bread. It'll be a couple of hours before we do, you'll have to leave." You should have SEEN the look on my face. I was like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! I say, "So wait, are you trying to tell me that SUBWAY, a SANDWHICH SHOP, doesn't have bread?!" And he just rudely says back. "Ya." WELL, if that wasn't the WEIRDEST THING EVER. I was almost speechless. So I just end up leaving, and as I walk out the door I shout, "FINE! I LIKE BLIMPIE'S BETTER ANYWAY!" But I don't think they cared. I am still just astonished at the fact that Subway didn't have bread! I just can't fathom it. So ya, I called their complaint line and told the district manager who didn't seem too concerned until I told her that I knew Jarred and threatened to call him if they didn't fix their problem. She quickly apologized and then proceeded to offer me free meals. If one thing is always the same about Subways, it's that, no matter where they are, they always find the most slow and BITTER employees they can to run the store...

I never have liked Subway and this didn't help them any. It did however, leave me with a lasting memory and a good story for the blog!


Look for more Adventures in Alamo Land in the coming days featuring stories on Angry Brits, Annoying Pidgeons, and much much more!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

working at one is worse. :)

March 29, 2008 at 11:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home