Friday, August 17, 2007

Disney World

SO as some of you may know, I recently had the opportunity of a lifetime to work at the Happiest Place on Earth, Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida... Some may argue that the "Happiest Place" may actually be at DisneyLAND in California, but I beg to differ..

But people are now always asking me for tips and suggestions on where to go and what to do during their stays at the resort. Or maybe I just like to offer my suggestions to anyone with ears, but never the less, I have them.

First of all, I don't like to talk BAD about any of the attractions there because people have all different kinds of taste and I wouldn't want you to miss out on something you'd love because I didn't like it. So anyway, here are my absolute favorite, YOU HAVE TO DO THESE THINGS, things.

1. Above all else, if you only do/see one thing at any park, it must be Disney-MGM Studios' (soon to be Disney's Hollywood Studios) Nightime Spectacular, Fantasmic.

During my three months at the resort, I must have seen this show at least a dozen times and it never gets old. Part water, part movie, part live action, it literally has everything and has every Disney character you could think of. It is quite a sight to see and anyone I ever took to it left with it being their favorite thing.

Sadly, I never got to be part of Fantasmic, but I pretended I was, so as to look cool among my collegues.

2. Mickey's Philharmagic- Magic Kingdom..

This is a 3D show that I also saw a dozen times or more when I was there. It's state of the art 3D and includes all of your favorite songs from the classic Disney animated musicals. You're fully surrounded by the screen and there are many special effect surprises along the way. And if anything, it's a great 20 minute air conditioned sitting break after spending the day in the park.


3. Wishes- Magic Kingdom's nighttime fireworks show. It doesn't really need explanation.. you just have to go.

Those are only a few of my favorite things to do there and I will surely be back with more...

Oh and one more tip before I go: DO NOT underestimate the amazingness that is Disney's Animal Kingdom.. You definitely have to go there and definitely have to allow at least a full half-day for this park. Usually the park will close earlier than the rest because of the animals, so you will still have time to catch the other parks' nightime shows in the same day..

AND for any of the latest Disney news parks, film, television, or basically anything Disney, you can always go to www.thedisneyblog.com

It's pretty awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home