Wednesday, August 04, 2004

The Simple Life

I have nothing to say. Why you ask? Because nothing really funny has happened to me lately. Although the thought of me having to read and do journals on The Odyssey in less than two weeks IS kinda funny, but I think we're all in the same boat there. Speaking of boats, I like them. I can't say that I enjoy canoe-type boats as much as motor boats and jet skis because it's obvious, canoes take some sort of effort. Not that I don't like to expend energy, but these days energy is so scarce that it might not be in our best interest to waste it on simply rowing across a lake when you could easily have a motor do it. Speaking of motors, horse power, where did it come from? Well, I assume that long ago in the days of horses and buggies, horses were considered the "motor" of those times. So when motors came along they based their strength on how many horses it would take to do the job. Although I don't see how that is possible, I mean, I'm sure all horses have their different strong points. And if you haven't noticed, there are many sizes of horses out there that I'm sure could not all do the same job. So calling it "horsepower" really is a lie and they know it. When I was younger I used to think that there were actually miniature horses in engines that would run around in circles producing power (much like the exhibit at the museum where you ride the bike and it makes the lightbulb light up). BUT that unfortunately is not true. I mean what was I thinking, horses in a motor? I was really dumb back then I mean it's obvious that it would be WAY too hard to get their food inside the motor.

Did I ever tell you the story about the 24 hour ATM? No, I didn't. Well, one time we were out to dinner with some friends of ours and they told us this story about their grandpa. Apparently they had gone to the ATM with him really late at night. The grandpa was like "Why are we here so late? They shouldn't be open this late." And they were like "No, grandpa it's open 24 hours so we can go whenever." And the grandpa was like, "MAN, they must get so tired being open 24 hours!"... YA, he thought that there were actually people sitting INSIDE the ATM that took the cards, and handed the money out through the little holes.

ANYWAY, enough stories for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home