Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Super California Trip: Illustrated Edition! Continued...

The last stop we made was at the petrified forest. This is where trees have fallen thousands of years ago, been covered by volcanic ash, and then have turned into rocks. Now, these were some massive trees. This one was called “The SJ Tree” which, I asked around and SJ apparently stands for “Star Jones”.

It was pretty cool. Although, most of the trees were fenced off so for all we know, it could have just been a regular old tree spray painted gray, but I choose to believe the whole volcanic rock thing, it’s more interesting. I also met a pretty cool friend there, we bonded very quickly.

I asked her what her name was and she said "Mama" and I was like, "Oh that's cool, what's your last name?" and she just goes, "Bear, you idiot, Mama Bear..." She got all defensive and started to growl and I was just like whatEVER dude, I'm outa here. And I left. Shortest relationship EVER. (Later on I realized that there were cubs involved. So really it all worked out for the best. It's too early for me to have children and all.)

The wakeboarding was definitely the coolest part of the trip. We got to see some pretty darn good wake boarders. I didn’t get out on the water cuz I didn’t want to embarrass anyone by showing off. I just spectated this time. BUT I did manage to get my motocross on and made some pretty sweet jumps.

ANYWAY. It was an awesome trip. Cali was wonderful. And now I’m back in Texas. Gotta love that hundred degree weather!


***SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT***
I’m proud to announce the GRAND OPENING of one of our city’s greatest natural treasures, Garland’s own OLD FAITHFUL!!! The Grand Opening will be Monday, August 29th in MY BACKYARD! Come see Old Faithful eruptions and dogs!!!



Admission is $4 and our hours are 9-5 seven days a week! Please come and visit!


*Disclaimer*
As you all know, I am an extreme activist against the Improper and Over-Use of Complaining as a Conversational Tool. I however, did do some complaining within the contents of this entry. Please excuse it and know that it is only for story telling and entertainment purposes.
*End of Disclaimer*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home