Sunday, August 22, 2004

I Adam, Take You, Enchilada...

OK yall, let's just be completely honest here. At this point, I might as well be living in a Mexican food restaurant. Seriously though, I mean, I ate it twice today, and if I would have had breakfast, that would have made it three times (cuz I would have had a breakfast burrito). But if you know me AT all, you know I seriously love the Mexi food. I mean, after all, El Chico's is the place that inspired my family's now six year tradition of weekly reunions. Then you've got your Taco Bell, Taco Cabana, and Chipotle, all of which I usually have at least once a week. Of course, there was the time that I was out getting myself dinner and I couldn't decide between Taco Cabana and Taco Bell. So what did I do? I didn't decide. I just went to both. I know, sad right? Well, I did it anyway so get over it. Yes, I went to Taco Cabana because I like their nachos, and then I went to Taco Bell for their tacos. I ALMOST went across the street to Taco Bueno because I like their Mexi Dips and Chips, but I figured that would just be TOO much. In the past year or so, me and the rest of the Famous Trio discovered Chuy's in Dallas. I had been there once before a few years back but rediscovered it last year. OH MY GOODNESS. Talk about amazing. I mean, these flour tortillas are like heaven in dough form. Top them off with a dip of fresh queso and you are SET. After a few trips there, Logan and I decided that we wanted to purchase the Mexican tortilla lady that was there and just pay her to make tortillas all the time. But of course, there was always the issue of who's house she'd get to live at and what not. It just didn't end up working out. BUT I did decide that when I get in to Oprah-size money some day and can buy anything I want to, I will get one of those tortilla machines like they have at On the Border, and that will serve as the center piece of my house. Anyway, I thought of all this because today I had El Fenix for lunch and Chipotle for dinner... I really think I am a Mexican. Except, like, an albino Mexican because WOW, have you SEEN how white I am?!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a weirdo!!

August 22, 2004 at 8:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey did you know that you can buy tortilla mix at the store and make your own at home?

August 29, 2004 at 3:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home