Thursday, August 26, 2004

Death of a Salesman

OK listen, this does NOT mean that I want all salespeople to die, it just made for a very catchy title! OK, so today I went BACK to North Park because I had to change the color of my shirt that I bought the other day (no, I didn't knock any of the canned food sculptures down). So I go into Express right? I'm looking through the shirts to find my size and everything and one of the sales people creeps up from behind me and is like CAN I HELP YOU FIND A SIZE?! (scared me to DEATH) And first of all I'm like, ok, turn your voice down, and then second, "no thanks, I just found it." I don't know what he wanted me to do, like, sit and wait on him as he looked through the stack for me? It's not like he's my servant or I'm physically unable to find the shirt myself. So anyway, I got the shirt exchanged and everything and then I went to the Gap. Literally, 3 seconds after I walk in the door I hear, "Can I help you find something sir?!" Then I politely say "no thanks" again. But like seriously, do I looked like I'm constantly distressed or something? Do I always look desperately in need? I mean, the next time someone asks me if I need help at a store, I'll just say "Yes!" and make them go EVERYWHERE with me. I'll make them flip through the racks for me, hold all of my clothes, and wait in the cashier line. I mean, I guess that's what they want, they're in constant need of helping some one. Except one of the workers today at Gap was standing there folding the SAME shirt like, 4 times in a row so they looked busy. I guess they just weren't in the "Helping" mood... The sad thing is, if you actually ask them for help, like getting a shirt in the back, they think that makes them your friend. Then they really do start going everywhere in the store with you and telling you what you should buy. If they want to be all buddy buddy with me then they need to give me their employee discount and they're free to act like my friend (just so long as they don't actually try and talk to me). The guy at Express tried to get me to buy some pants and I was like, "No thanks" and he KEPT ON TRYING. "But sir, they're SoOo comfortable! They're really nice!" When I had JUST said that I didn't need pants. Ahhh. But don't get me wrong, I understand that it's their job to badger you into buying clothes and they're just trying to help you when they tell you that your shoes don't match your shirt, but sometimes it's better for them to just keep their mouths shut.

*MINI BONUS*
OK all of this clothing store stuff reminded me of something else. HOLLISTER CHANGING "ROOMS". WHAT THE HECK. It's like, a SHEET on a ROD that separates you from the next person. Like, easily the person next to you could open their cloth and accidentally (or NOT accidentally) open yours, exposing you to the world. It JUST disturbs me. Also, I think it's odd how they have it perfectly lit to where inside the "room" you look perfectly tan (because there's barely any light) and outside, you can see the sillhouette on the curtain. It's just all a little too risqué for me.
*END OF BONUS*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what they're supposed to do, Adam!

August 26, 2004 at 9:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Adam,
I think you should have purchased as many pants as possible cause everything looks way cute on you! Have a nice day!

whitney redman

August 26, 2004 at 9:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea adam is so hot...except for when i drove by his house one day and saw him mowing the lawn in high socks and this like, lime green tank top. stick with the express pants.

August 30, 2004 at 8:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home