Saturday, August 28, 2004

Shark Attack!

OK so today I saw Open Water. Very scary and also very sad... Twas a good movie though. I won't go into too much depth though for those who have yet to see it. All I can say is I hate things lurking around in the water with you. I'm always afraid at the lake that some giant catfish is gonna like brush across my leg, and if it did I would scream SO loud. But ya, I can say that because the guy across the cove from us caught like, a 60 pound catfish a couple of weeks ago and those are HUGE. OK OK OK. TRUE STORY and this is like SCARY. So I'm tubing right? I don't really know who with, but never the less, there were two of us on separate tubes just going along and then all of a sudden the boat cuts off. I'm like DAAAAAAAAAAD! WHY'D YOU CUT THE BOAT OFF?! and he's like, I DIDN'T! So I just assume that he's accidentally moved the throttle the wrong way or something, but like, it will NOT start back up. So it's just like, GREAAAAAAAT, we're just SITTING in the middle of the lake with nothing to do. Then, all of a sudden like, 30 feet in front of my tube, I see this head, slivering through the water (THIS IS CREEPING ME OUT JUST THINKING ABOUT IT). I'm like OH, NO. There is a HUGE snake swimming toward me. YES, I am totally NOT kidding. So ya, I look closer, and like, his back is like, chopped off. We RAN OVER AN EIGHT FOOT LONG SNAKE in the lake. So I'm just like WHAT do I do now?! I don't want to be in the lake with a snake. So we pull the tubes back in and we're just sitting in the boat now, watching this snake. So we yell at our neighbor, Paul, and he know's exactly what to do. He pulls out his shotgun and SHOOTS the snake. Good Ole Lake... So ya, the snake's dead, but you never know what still lies beneath!

Oh yes, I have ANOTHER snake story. A few years ago we were down at my dad's friend Eddie's ranch in Mason, Texas. My dad and I were four-wheeling around the ranch when I see this brown thing moving in the trees. I'm like, DAD I think I just saw a rattle snake. So we went back to that tree and looked in the bushes around it. Surely enough, there's a big ole rattle snake. So my dad gets out the revolver... Oh yes, fun fun. So, the snake gets shot in the head. But we can't just leave it there! NOOOOOOOO we have to take it WITH us! So, we strap this "dead" rattlesnake onto the front of the 4-wheeler. So we're just riding along when all of a sudden, this DEAD snake, starts pullin its head up at us! Like, it's getting in the biting position. A DEAD snake. That we SHOT. IN THE HEAD. So we stop to like, make sure it's actually dead. It ends up that we have to remove its head to ensure our safety. So we get BACK on the 4-wheeler and are heading back to the cabin. Surely enough, the DEAD snake with NO HEAD starts pulling up it's headless neck at us! I'm pretty sure I just screamed really loud when this happened. Then I realized that a dead, headless snake can do NOTHING to harm you. So we got back to the cabin just fine. I mean really though, how embarrassing would that be to say that you got bit by a snake with no head.

BUT ANYWAY, back to the point of this entry. Sharks. Does anyone remember the game SHARK ATTACK! I do. I used to play it all the time. Actually, I don't think I've ever played the actual game, it was more like, you just set the pieces out and made the shark eat them up. No one REALLY cared how to play the game. Just like Mouse Trap. Like, has ANYONE ever PLAYED Mouse Trap??? Cuz by the time you get all the junk set up, you just want to roll the marble down the thing and get it over with. Another classic game was Hungry Hungry Hippos, which I realized later in life, requires no actual SKILL. You could sit there and hit that lever a thousand times and only get one ball, or you could hit it once and get like, four. I never won that game... BUT one game that I was GOOD at was GUESS WHO. I LOVED that game. Let me tell you though. Some of those people were UGLY. Like the guy with white hair and a white beard had HUGE lips. Also the lady with the flowered hat and red hair was just not normal looking. But yes, I enjoyed that game very much. I don't think anyone even plays board games anymore besides like, Monopoly, but we all know that takes like, a year to finish if there's no cheating involved.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.

September 4, 2004 at 11:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home