Tuesday, September 28, 2004

How Do YOU Eat Your Reeses?

It's one of those questions that has been around forever, almost as long as "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop." Except, I don't like Tootsie Rolls, nor Tootsie Pops. And that commercial they used was ANCIENT, the one with the animated owl that after only three licks BIT OFF the sucker and said it only took three licks. That TICKED ME OFF because there was NO WAY it was only 3, he was just an old lazy owl. But anyway back to Reese's. I ate like 5 of the normal-sized ones in a row last night and that was after I had a huge dinner. I'm thinking it's my way of responding to the depression that will come when I go through this week without the Amazing Race and Amish in the City (both of which had their season finales last week). But ya, I LOVE Reese's which is weird because I pretty much don't like any other candy. In my room I have a bag full of regular-sized Reese's and then this HUGE mug full of the mini ones (I got the mug at the Hershey's store in Times Square, AMAZING). I think if I eat the mini ones, I feel like I can eat more cuz they're smaller, but then I end up eating like, 20 of them...

The actual TOPIC of this though is how do YOU eat your Reese's. I eat mine like so: after removing the wrapper, I begin to break off the outer border or the cup. I eat the entire border leaving only the soft center. I then take the center and put it in my mouth letting the chocolate melt away as if it's a mint. I then chew up the rest of the peanut butter, and I am finished. It's pretty basic, probably not very original, but ehh, it's good to me. There's some psycho ways they show to eat it on those commercials though, I hope no one really breaks out a hedge trimmer just to cut out the center.

I just realized that I also like Oreo's. I however, only like Oreo's when I eat them this way: (it must be a double stuffed Oreo) Put the Oreo in a short glass of milk, all the way, just drop it in. Take a spoon and swirl it around, (be careful not to break the Oreo) then when cookie is sufficiently soft, take out with spoon and consume. YUUUUUUUUUUM.

I swear this is all I'm going to say, but as I was writing, I realized that both Reese's and Oreo's are possesives, as if Reese and Oreo are actual people. First of all if they ARE real people, I want to meet them because they seriously have changed my life. And second, I can only hope that they are on a strict diet and excercise regimen because WOW if all you eat are Reese's and Oreo's, well, just think about it...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam,

I'm really disappointed that you wrote about Oreo's without mentioning me at all... I mean you know how much I love Oreo's and you could have referenced how I go about eating them...

:( Bro-sis

September 29, 2004 at 5:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home