Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Acceptance is the First Step

OK so there are some things in life that I have come to accept that I will NEVER understand. You know, those random things that exist for no reason at least that you know of. For instance, a perfect example is those giant inflatable gorillas. I mean seriously. I saw this huge PINK gorilla that had an orange t-shirt on outside this car dealership in Mesquite this weekend. I understand that it's supposed to attract attention, but does seeing a giant (UGLY) fake gorilla on the side of the road make you wanna go test drive a new SUV? I would have loved to have been in the meeting with the dingbat that suggested a pink monkey for their advertising, (I mean no ill feelings to www.pinkmonkey.com, which has helped me through many an english test, it just came out that way) I would have laughed very hard. (And then gotten fired because apparently they liked the idea or the gorilla wouldn't have been there.) WHICH reminds me. Do yall remember MIGHTY JOE YOUNG? That was a different movie... I saw it the other day and I was totally freaked out when I realized that it starred now Oscar Award Winner, Charlize Theron. No, not as Joe, but as his zookeeper/helper person. I guess all stars start small... or BIG in this occasion. (Get it? Mighty Joe Young was BIG... ya, I'm sorry, not funny, but I had to say it)

Another thing that is just hard to understand is AOL. SERIOUSLY. NO ONE LIKES YOU AOL. Name one good thing you've done other than AIM. WHOOPS! Can't do it can you AOL?! NO. Because AOL is the leader in slow, hard-to-understand, money wasting internet. But I don't think AOL realizes this because what do I get in the mail every day? THAT'S RIGHT, an AOL CD. I mean really, at first it was cool like, twice a year getting free internet in the mail. Then it became every month, then every week, now every day. Except for weekends thank goodness. OH WAIT. That's RIGHT! When we can't get CDs sent to us in the mail, they just stuff them in the paper! I must have 10,000 AOL CDs, and STILL don't have AOL... If they would just send me a blank CD I could at least burn CDs of what I want (and I wouldn't hate them so much.) Stay tuned for AOL CDs coming in your cereal boxes and with your check when you go out to eat. I kid you not, that day will come.

And lastly, to round out the list of things that I just don't understand is that person that NO ONE understands: Ms. Britney Spears. Who is formally Mrs. Jason Alexander, who will soon be Mrs. Kevin Federline, and who is now known to the public as just Britney. Britney started as a cute little girl on the Mickey Mouse Club, who we now know is NOT THAT INNOCENT. She then started her solo career with her hit, HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIME. Then went on to hit the charts several more times which was enough to DRIVE ME CRAZY, and it all started going downhill from there. SOMETIMES I wonder if Britney thinks about some of the things she does. She kissed Madonna, became a Kabbalah person, got married in Vegas, got an anullment, and got engaged, yet she still claims that she is STRONGER because of all of it. Now, I'm not trying to make it ME AGAINST THE MUSIC of Britney Spears, I'll admit, I know the words to most of her tunes, (but let's be honest people, WE ALL know all of the words to her songs) her songs are TOXIC in the way that they become an addiction to listeners. But anyway, now that she's about to be married for the second time, doesn't that take her out of that, NOT-YET-A-WOMAN stage? I probably shouldn't make fun of her so much though, I mean SHE'S SO LUCKY, SHE'S A STAR, BUT SHE CRY CRY CRIES IN HER LONELY HEART when all of this stuff comes out in the tabloids about her. Oh wait, no she doesn't because she PUTS herself out there for the tabloids so she can stay popular! That's right, I totally forgot. I feel bad for Britney so I will never make fun of her anymore.

BTW, Britney is a horrible lip syncher, stick to the dancing Brit! Oops... I DID IT AGAIN.

(Excuse my cheesiness in the last paragraph, it just became a fun challenge to incorporate as many of her songs into it as I could.)

PS. All you Britney lovers out there! She and Kevin COULD be starring in a new edition of MTV's Newlywed's. Giving everyone ONE more reason to be annoyed by her! WOOHOO!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

adam.. you've once again outdone yourself. bravo. you have officially made my day *mucho luv to tha blog-SyD*

September 7, 2004 at 4:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home