Thursday, September 02, 2004

Movie Preview Blowout!!!

OK guys for the end of this year, (yes, it is coming to the END of 2004) we have TONS of movies coming out. And now I will give you a little preview of them.

September: The first of SIX Jude Law movies that are coming out between September and Christmas is Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Also starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie, the entire movie is computer generated (except for the actors of course) making it look like a very WEIRD, Spy Kids 3D-type world. I might just see it because I don't know what the heck it's about. I'm gonna go on a limb and say that it's possibly about a Sky Captain that does something to change the world on the next day... Sept. 17

Then there's the chick flick, Wimbeldon, starring Kirsten Dunst and Paul Bettany... Who am I kidding? NO ONE knows who Paul Bettany is. Let's start over. Then there's Wimbeldon, starring Kirsten Dunst. A movie that I'm assuming is about two tennis players who hate each other at first, and have like, one of those scenes where they're slamming the tennis ball back and forth really hard (as if they were angry at one another) and the scene ends up with them embracing and kissing into the sunset. In the end, the two who were once enemies, get married, and have lots of tennis-playing children. Sept. 17

Next we have Vanity Fair starring Reese Witherspoon. As long as it's nothing like Legally Blonde 2, it's probably good. I mean, she has red hair in this one so it has to be better. Set in the 19th century (which for those of you who don't know what that means, is the 1800's) Vanity Fair follows Reese's character, Becky Sharp, as she makes her way to the top of the London society... Hmm. I don't really know what that means. I'm guessing she's just dancing around in one of those huge dresses and talking with an accent most of the time. Sept. 1

And now The Forgotten. This movie stars Julianne Moore as a person who's memory gets erased. The title suggests that this movie is somewhat biographical seeing as Ms. Moore's last movie, Laws of Attraction, was indeed Forgotten. But seriously, her character starts out living a nice family life until one day her family does not exist anymore. Blah blah blah, she finds out that someone's erased her mind, she finds her family, seeks revenge, loud crashes occur. Go see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (if you aren't prone to motion sickness, because it made me nauseous) because it's like the same thing. Sept. 24

OK if I keep reviewing all of these movies it will take forever, so I'm just gonna kinda one line them.

OCTOBER:
Ladder 49: Stars John Travolta and Joaquin Phoenix as they battle fires, save lives, and play firefighters who serve as every day heroes. This should be a HOT one! (get it? hot, fire...wow) Oct. 1

Shark Tale: Stars Will Smith, and I just can't get myself to want to see this movie because honestly, that fish is just ugly, at least Nemo was cute. GO GET FINDING NEMO ON DVD INSTEAD. Oct. 1

Raise Your Voice: For all you Hilary Duff fans out there, she stars in the movie about a girl who goes to summer music camp and finds herself, and no doubt trips and falls down a set of stairs in the process JUST to pay tribute to Lizzie McGuire. Oct. 8

Lastly, Ray: Collateral's Jamie Fox stars as the blind singer Ray Charles. That's all I know. He's blind and plays the piano. (He also died this year.) Oct. 29

NOVEMBER:
The Incredibles: Disney's last collaboration with Pixar animation studios brings us this movie about a family of superheroes. (hopefully it's not as bad as Disney Channel's original movie about the same subject) I still don't know if I'll like this one, but then again, I didn't know if I'd like Nemo, then I did... Nov. 5

Christmas With the Kranks: Stars Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis, who looks JUST like Jill from Home Improvement so I don't know what they were trying to do there but this looks like it's just a Christmas Vacation wannabe, and we all know that movie will never be outdone. (Look for a hilarious scene involving a canned ham rolling down the street... MAN how far will they go just to get a joke?! That's OURTAGEOUS!) Nov. 24

Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason: All I know about this movie is that Renee Zellweger gained a ton of weight for it and that she's on the edge of reason... Seriously, that's all I know. Nov. 19

The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie: I'm sorry, I just cannot bring myself to like him, and I don't know why anyone does, what's so cool about a yellow sea sponge? (Which by the way, they are NOT perfectly square when they come out of the ocean so it's all essentially a lie...) Nov. 19

The Polar Express: A computer animated movie starring Tom Hanks as the conductor, this was my FAVORITE children's book that I read every year at Christmas so this movie better be AMAZING or someone's gonna get it. Nov. 10

DECEMBER:

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events: Jim Carrey stars in this Harry Potter wannabe that looks just depressing kinda, although I've heard that the books are popular, but then again, I don't read! Dec.17

Ocean's Twelve: All twelve of the gang are back to steal more money! (not only in the movie, but out of our pockets as we pay $8 to go see it) Dec. 10

MEET THE FOCKERS: I CANNOT WAIT. Even though Barbra Streisand is like, the weirdest woman on this earth, I know she will be hilarious as Greg Focker's mother as the two families meet. Dec. 22

Fat Albert: I can't believe I'm actually writing about it. BUT WOW. I WILL NOT see this movie. Kenan Thompson is the very cartoonish, Fat Albert, who is I'm assuming just fat an annoying for an hour and a half throughout the movie. For more reason not to see it, Raven and Aaron Carter also make appearances in it. Dec. 25

Those are only some of the 80+ movies coming out this Fall/Winter.
For now, GO SEE GARDEN STATE!!! Woohoo. It's a good one.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd just like to say that Paul Bettany is a somebody. For all you Heath Ledger fans out there who saw A Nights Tale.. Paul is the one who's constantly naked and plays an out of control gambler. :) jut thought i'd say something. but keep up the blogging Adam.. i'm addicted to reading this now!

September 2, 2004 at 8:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul Bettany was also in a Beautiful Mind with Russel Crowe.

Devin

September 2, 2004 at 8:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment was SOOO last week...c'mon RUCKER...get with it!

September 7, 2004 at 12:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home