Thursday, September 23, 2004

TV Land

Some one is seriously out to get me. WHY when everything is just going perfect, someone has to go and screw everything up again. I'm sure yall know what I'm talking about. That's right, COMCAST. Who do they think they are? Do they really think they can just go and move the Disney Channel from 44 to 60, and just get away with it? I mean seriously, I've had my fingers trained to the controllers for years so that they naturally just find the right channel. I can only assume that with basically every channel changing positions it will take months to retrain my fingers. Here's a brief breakdown of where the channels are now on basic cable:

59: Nickelodeon (but honestly does ANYONE watch that anymore???)
60: Disney
61: ABC Family
62: Cartoon Network
63: GSN
70: VH1 (Thank the LORD they didn't move)
73: MTV
44: TBS
49: E!
12: UPN

CRAZY. JUST CRAZY, I mean really. But something even more weird to me is not that all the channels changed, but that there is now a Dallas Cowboys CHANNEL. It's too bad that it's only on digital cable, MAN! I was just so anxious to be able to watch a channel with NOTHING but the Cowboys... Oh well.

In other TV news: Martha Stewart and "Survivor" creator, Mark Burnett, are teaming up to make a new reality show. No one has really said what the show will be about, but you can only assume that it will involve some sort of cookie-baking and wreath-making challenges. I'm thinking elimination ceremonies could be sort of like the Iron Chef and each person is given like, $5 at Hobby Lobby and 100 popsicle sticks to make the best crafty item and the worst one gets kicked off... But that's just MY guess. No word yet on when filming will start but you can bet it will be at least five months. (While Martha's in JAIL, there really would be a limited number of locations to shoot between the cell and the cafeteria) However, if they did start filming after that, it would have to be at the home she's confined in and they would have to limit shots of her from the waist up to ensure that her ankle monitor isn't too distracting.

Today CBS was fined $550,00 by the FCC for, we'll call it, "exposing" Janet Jackson to the world. Each local station owned by CBS was fined $27,500 as well (including Dallas's CBS11). But I feel bad for Janet in all of this because I for one, have wardrobe malfunctions ALL the time and I would HATE it if my unfortunate situation was blown up into a huge deal giving me free publicity around the world right before my newest CD was about to come out, that would be so horrible...Too bad really though, WHAT is up with CBS lately, they can't seem to keep themselves out of the news... Speaking of CBS, CONGRATS to Chip and Kim for winning The Amazing Race and beating COLIN AND CHRISTIE, UUUUUUUUUGHHHH, DO NOT like them...

AAAAAAAAAnyway. I have nothing else to say, except that Amish in the City AND The Amazing Race are both over so I have pretty much nothing to do now...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're funny lil bro! Loved the entry!
--Bobby one

September 24, 2004 at 9:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home