Friday, September 17, 2004

Gettin Dirrty!!!

So this week for our weekly El Chico Night, the fam went to Chipotle. BOY was that gooooood. I had so much food, and ate EVERY single bite. Last year I got questioned as to whether I was anorexic because of my skinniness, let me tell you, I ain't no Mary-Kate. Anyway, my battle with weight is not the point of my story. The point is the RANDOMness of my family. The entire dinner I visualized how funny a reality show would be about us. The highlight of the night was what I would call "Conversations About Dirt" if we DID have a TV show. We must have spent 10 minutes discussing the differences between mulch, top soil, and compost. Incase you don't know what each of these is: mulch is a combination of bark substances or wood chips that create a nice visual effect on the top of a garden, top soil is just plain dirt, and compost basically a pile of trash that after weeks and weeks of rotting becomes good soil that you can plant from. However it was decided that although a compost pile may produce desirable soil, the smell from it may negate the positives about it.

Back in my childhood days me and my siblings would go to the side of our house where all this dirt is and have mud fights where we would drench the dirt with water, and basically jump around and throw mud at each other. This didn't make my parents very happy since it became a weekly ordeal. We got very creative with the mud, making mud restaurants featuring mud platters and Mudshakes... get it? HA...

ANYWAY yes yes yes. Dirt really is weird isn't it? I mean, what IS it. If someone asked you what it was you'd say "dirt" right? But what IS dirt? Oh I think I'm digging too deep. OH DIGGING! GET IT?! Wow... Then there's also the question, is sand considered dirt too? Or is sand just sand, and dirt is just dirt. Then there's the movie Joe Dirt, which I did not see, didn't really have the desire to. Last time I was at Magic Time Machine one of the waiters was Joe Dirt, he was loud and obnoxious, my waitress was the ever so energetic Tooth Fairy. Good times, good times. Dirt is really everywhere. Like who decided that the word for being filthy and smelly would be "dirty." To me that's like calling all soft drinks "Coke." We're just making a generalization that dirt is a bad thing, when really, without dirt WE WOULD NEVER BE WHERE WE ARE TODAY. (Sound like a funny comment, but if you actually think about it, it's kinda true...)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true.. i mean, without dirt no ground, without ground no land, without land no surface...then there would only be water! then what would our houses sit on?!?!
-a thought from cyndy

September 17, 2004 at 5:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man adam, that was deep
--sis

September 18, 2004 at 11:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home