Sunday, September 19, 2004

Let's Play PYRAMID!!!

I've always wanted to be on that show... Of course, I know I would crack under the pressure, I probably wouldn't even get many points in the food round, which would be very unlike me. But what I really mean to talk about when I say "pyramid" is the FOOD pyramid. SERIOUSLY, what happened to it? I thought the food pyramid used to be like THE way to eat. Now we have Atkins, South Beach, and Jenny Craig telling us how to consume our food. I think just for the heck of it, I'm going to come out with a book called The Pyramid Diet. Go old school. It'd be HUGE! Pretty much anything book that starts with "The" and ends with "Diet" becomes a national best seller. No doubt one day big celebrities will finally realize this and find ANOTHER way to make more money. We'll have The Oprah Diet, The Celine Dion Diet, The J. Lo Diet, and probably The Friends Diet because it looks like they'll probably never stop marketing that show. I can't say that I've ever actually FOLLOWED the food pyramid, unless chips, hot sauce, and enchiladas are all spread out among the sections. But let's think about that for a second, chips and tortillas would be corn, hot sauce is tomato, so there I've already got two vegtables. Then beans would be like, my bread serving (I know, I'm stretching it a bit). OOO queso could totally be my dairy serving, and chili con carne my meat. I'm TOTALLY using four out of six sections of the pyramid so all I'd have to do is pop a few grapes and eat a cup of pudding and I'm all set for a long and healthy life!!!

I'd have to say that vegtables are my least favorite section of the table. I mean, I can do a salad with tomatos, but that's about it. I'm just not interested in green beans or broccoli. Speaking of tomatos and broccoli. VEGGIE TALES. I've heard so much about them lately, I'm getting quiet interested. All of my little cousins (1, 2, 5, and 6 year olds) know all of the songs, come to think of it, some of my friends (16, 17, and 18 year olds) do too... I do know the Cheeseburger song and I like it because it's funny. But can I raise a question about Veggie Tales? Have they ever done away with a character? Because honestly, all of the things that happen in that show would have to happen in a time span of about 2 weeks because that's all you can really get out of even a well grown vegtable. They would either have to be stored in a brown bag on the counter or Food Saved, but I don't see any of that happening. And even if they didn't kill of the character entirely they could at least have some mold growing on it or something, SOMETHING to make it a little realistic. Oh, do they have an avacado? Because I LOVE those. GUACAMOLE!!!

I had mexican food for both dinners this weekend. When I was in Austin I ate at Matt's El Rancho, and then today at El Arroyo... VERY, VERY good. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it! BTW, I'm still looking for a tortilla lady if any one needs a job...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Rucker- did you never learn the food pyramid?

Chips and tortillas- carbohydrates
Tomatoes- fruit
Beans and meat- protein
Queso- dairy

...and it's all basically fat. So you only need a vegetable! Do they put onions in your salsa or queso?

Just thought you'd like to know that you're eating heathier than you think. FOR SERIOUS- publish a book. I'd buy it. It's about time people started eating friggin' carbs again.

- Sam

P.S. I really want Mexican food now...

September 20, 2004 at 7:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home