Thursday, September 30, 2004

Puppy Love

So I just realized that I rarely talk about anything more than my food and TV preferences. I decided that I would tell you a little bit more about myself. Most importantly in my life, I have two dogs, Sandie and Lucy. Sandie is an 10 year old mutt from the garland dog pound. We got her when I was in the 2nd grade after my house got broken into by a crazy man in a beat up white van (Call Garland Crime Stoppers at 972 272-TIPS if you have any information leading to the arrest and conviction of this man). I think Sandie has some issues though, every time the beeper on my mom's computer backup system goes off, she FREAKS OUT (Sandie, not my mom). This also happens during a storm, she will LITERALLY never leave my side. But let's take it back a few years, when we first got Sandie my brother thought it would be "funny" to train her to ATTACK me on command. No, I'm not kidding. Anyone in the family could simply say, "Get him Sandie!" and she would find me WHEREVER I was in the house and start chomping down on my legs. One time I actually broke down where I called for the dismissal of Sandie from the family because I couldn't take the abuse anymore, but the family responded with "If Sandie goes, YOU go too." I didn't really have a choice then. News spread though about Sandie's special talent of attacking me and our neighbor even asked if we could have her attack me so she could record it on video... Thanks a lot.

Our other dog is Lucy. We got her about 4 years ago. She's a Maltese and doesn't really know that much. In fact, I'm not sure she really thinks, ever. She also can't jump so we always have to lift her onto the couch and what not. When we got Lucy it REALLY caught Sandie off guard. It was like having a new baby sister. Sandie was pretty mad actually, but it ended up good. Sandie got a lot of excercise with the new pup around and was able to use her attacking skills on Lucy rather than me (in a playful way, she never drew blood or anything). Now that my sister isn't living in the house anymore (at least not while she's at school), both dogs sleep in my room. Lucy has a crate because we just CAN'T trust her. Sandie didn't have a crate at first but OH MY GOSH when you have wood floors in your room and your dog is constantly walking around ALL NIGHT finding the perfect spot, it really makes you want to hurt it. Sandie now has a crate too...

When we got our lake house the dogs LOVED it. Sandie IS a lake dog, Lucy is NOT a lake dog. Sandie is very rugged, she doesn't really like swimming in the lake, but is always up for a ride on the Sea Doo. Lucy isn't rugged at all but we throw her into the lake sometimes, and it's REALLY funny. Sandie knows when we're going to the lake too cuz she has that sense or something, if we say SANDIE LET'S GO TO THE LAKE, she like, FREAKS OUT and jumps in the car. However, if we get all ready for the lake and aren't taking her, she gets TICKED OFF. Like really mad, one time after we got back from the lake when we didn't take her, she didn't talk to me for two whole days, it was scary.

*MINI BONUS*
All this dog talk reminded me about Clifford the Big Red Dog. I never understood this book. I mean that dog wasn't big, it was freakin HUGE. I don't think that a children's book titled CLIFFORD THE FREAKIN HUGE RED DOG would sell very many copies... But seriously, how much food did it take to feed him daily? I would get so tired of carrying those huge bags of dog food from the store, and since petopia.com shut down like, 10 years ago, you couldn't even have the food delivered.
*END OF BONUS*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home