Wednesday, October 06, 2004

I'm Only Happy When It Rains

OK so not to sound depressed or like a dark soul or anything, but I LOVE it when it rains. We have these big sky lights in our sunroom that make this really loud rain noise when it starts to rain and when I hear it I like run outside and play in the rain... OK, that's kinda creepy cuz I don't actually PLAY in the rain, as much as I look at it... But I really do love the rain, I guess it's like, relaxing or something. (BTW, I have the DVD of Singing in the Rain, and I have yet to watch it, but I hear it's good...)

When I was like, 10 though, I had a different room than where I am now that also had a huge skylight in it. I loved it because I finally had my own room away from my brother and he could also have his own room. But I wasn't prepared for what was to come. The first few weeks of sleeping in there were just fine and dandy, until one night I had this REALLY weird dream. All of a sudden in my dream all of these nails and bolts and stuff start falling on my head and it REALLY hurts and starts to give me a bad head ache. I had several questions: 1. WHY was I at The Home Depot??? 2. WHY were things crashing onto my head??? 3. Would I have to pay for the damaged supplies??? Then I woke up and realized that it was the sound of the rain and apparently softball-sized hail hitting my skylight and it quickly drove me to insanity. I went through this torture for like 3 more rainy days until I was back to my old room begging my brother to take me back. Thankfully, since I am the baby of the family and get pretty much what I want, my brother didn't really have a choice.

Also when I was younger and it rained a lot, I'd make these wooden boats and sail them down my alley. I later realized that those "wooden boats" that I made were really just pieces of 2/4's that my dad had cut up for me. I really didn't make anything because honestly, I don't have enough patience to make an ACTUAL boat. But never-the-less, I considered them boats...

The last subject I would like to address is Weather People. WHAT IS THEIR PURPOSE? Did you realize that Troy Dungan is NOT a meteorologist? I mean, over the years I'm sure he's developed some weather-sense, but still WHO is he to say he knows when it's gonna rain??? My Aunt Jemima would be just as good at predicting the weather as he is. I also love how the predictions have gotten to where it's ALWAYS a 20% chance of rain with partly cloudy skies. And then on the 5 day forecast, they change up the wording from "Partly Cloudy" to "Mostly Sunny" as if that's ANY different. The only time the weatherpeople shine is when it's ALREADY raining and they're like, "It looks like it's raining in Dallas," or any time when they are able to work in the phrase, "It looks like El Nino!" THANKS A BUNCH GUYS! Way to serve the people!

*MINI BONUS*
I HATE rude waiters. I mean seriously, I was at Hula Hut in Austin this weekend and asked for no sour cream on my burrito. Instead of just saying OK the waiter was like, "What are you like, allergic to it?!" I was just like, OH NO YOU DIIN'T. My actual words were, "No, I just don't like sour cream..." So I DEFINETELY get my burrito later WITH sour cream. AHH... Then when I finished my nasty sour cream filled burrito, he was like, ARE YOU DONE? So I nodded and he goes ARE YOU DONE?! OH. NO. YOU. DIIN'T. I just looked straight in his eyes and go, "YES" (and angrily I might add.) He was rude to me the WHOLE dinner but not rude to anyone else, and it was so obvious cuz everyone else at the table was like, WOAH HE DON'T LIKE YOU. The bad part about all of this is that it was a large party so tip was already included, leaving me the customer POWERLESS against bad service. I did however have enough time to set a voodoo curse on the table I was sitting at that will haunt him for the rest of his life... hehe
*END OF BONUS*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're blog amuses me....good job.
~kelly moss

October 6, 2004 at 11:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, he's right... The waiter was mean to JUST him. Weird... I don't know why he was like that... I wanted to reach over and smack him.

--Christina

October 6, 2004 at 11:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you actually have an aunt named jemima? i'd laugh a lot harder if you really did. thanks for not wasting my time with dogs today =P

Marissa

PS- the game tomorrow is gonna OWN

October 7, 2004 at 4:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home