Tuesday, October 12, 2004

SAY CHEESE!

OK honestly, one of the scariest moments in life is taking school pictures. Don't laugh, you TOTALLY know it is. I mean first of all, almost every time I've had a school picture taken, I had NO idea that it was gonna be on that day. SO of course, I get my pictures back and I'm like, wearing a choir t-shirt and my hair looks like I just exploded something toxic on it in chemistry. And second of all, for that few seconds, the entire world (or library at least) is watching you as you break a smile.

So anyway, let me get to the main story. Today I'm taking my senior picture for the yearbook. I already look like an idiot with half of a tux shirt on and a size 50 jacket drowning me. I go sit in the first of TWO areas to take pictures in and the lady fiddles with my jacket for about 2 minutes until finally she backs away and begins to take the picture. OK, everything's fine right? We spend the next 3 minutes moving my legs from side to side so they will be JUST SO for the picture, I mean, it was one of those swively chairs so I was just spinning in circles (which I think was beginning to make her mad). Anyway, so once you're angled right, you still have to get your head correct. So she makes me look right, angle my head up to the left, and turn my eyes into the camera... TRY DOING THAT, it's NOT natural. So I'm sure in my picture I have this like, really awkward look on my face mixed in with a little bit of pain-face because my neck was like, twisted around. WHEW, so one picture down, 4 more to go.

So I go to the next station for my picture. The first one was really easy, I just looked straight at the camera and smiled. The next three were a complete nightmare. You can ask pretty much ANYONE in the school because it felt like there were about 200 people watching me (there really were). So like, I was supposed to look serious in these pictures... ME, SERIOUS? RIIIIGHT... SO like, I'm sitting there with everyone watching me, trying to look angry I guess. I'm not really sure what "serious" means, I took it on the angry end of the definition rather than the seriously-considering-an-idea end. (I always smile in pictures because I don't know, I guess I don't think i'm "cool" enough to do the "cool guy" angry look) So anyway, I'm kinda frowning, waiting for him to take the picture until finally I like, break a smirk and the camera guy snaps at me and tells me not to smile. So I try again, and this time I just break out laughing. So I think I'm actually laughing in all the pictures because the guy was getting tired of waiting on me.

All in all it took me like, 15 minutes to take pictures that should have taken 2 minutes. And believe me, it was a very LONG 15 minutes. At least I seemed to entertain everyone in there. But anyway, that's just me! The FREAK Show!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home