Sunday, December 05, 2004

Belle Ball and The Tale of Eddie "Lucky" X-terra

It all started on a cool winter night. I arrived at a friend's house for pictures (where I was to meet my date for the drill team's Winter dance, which is known to most as "Belle Ball") at 5:30. People slowly stagger in with their dates, all asking me why I'm there because at that moment, my date was missing. You see, I had a show just a few minutes earlier and so we had agreed to meet at pictures. Unfortunately my date wasn't ready so I got to sit and watch 10 other couples take pictures while I twiddled my thumbs and played Snake on my phone. Finally my date arrived about 40 minutes late and we all get on our way to the dance in downtown Dallas.

I had another couple riding with us in the back seat and we had a wonderful time just yelling back and forth at each other as they all tried to tell me how to switch lanes. After about an hour of making our way through traffic and shady downtown streets, we made it into the parking garage and then up to the 69th floor of the great green building in downtown. I like to call it THE BIG GREEN.

BLAH BLAH BLAH. We ate dinner and got our grooves on at the dance floor. My favorite dance happened to be Kelly Clarkson's "A Moment Like This"... So like, the WHOLE night I hadn't won any door prizes and then finally right before we left I won a Jim Jeffcoat autographed football (which you will soon be able to find on Ebay!). I think every single person that was still at the dance managed to come up to me and tell me again (as if I didn't already know) that I don't even know who Jim Jeffcoat is... That statement could not have been less true, he is a terrific NASCAR driver and I root for him every race... or is that JEFF Gordon. I don't know, Jeff something drives a car.

AND THEN, all the fun began. So we're leaving right? I'm at the parking garage exit and the couple in front of me (who shall remain nameless, but the girl is the drill team director's daughter... whoops! Have I said too much?!) can't get their ticket to be accepted to open the arm for them to leave. So I, being the good samaritan that I am, accept their idea of me putting in MY ticket, and us both going through the arm at the same time... Needless to say I hadn't really thought through this very much when I accepted the idea.

Long story short, I put the ticket in, they speed through, I gun it and TRY to speed through and as I'm going under the arm I hear, *CLUNK*CLUNK*DRAAAAAAAAAAG*SCRAPE* on the roof of my car...

WHAT HAS JUST HAPPENED TO MY CAR?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Needless to say, I'm FREAKING out and tell one of the other kids in the car to look at the damage the DEMON ARM has done before I do. He gets out and looks and says that nothing's wrong, just some marks on the bike rack. (This after it sounds like a mad cow has just crashed down on my roof) I'm like WHAAAAAT?! So I get out and look and sure enough, nothing is wrong. The BIKE RACK saved my life.

SO, the moral of the story is: WATCH OUT FOR DEMON ARMS and don't try and get two cars through them at one time. If you do try it, make sure you're in an X-terra with a bike rack!

*MINI BONUS*
Shortly after I got back home from the dance, I found out that I had two tickets to get through the gate with and basically am just an idiot.
*END OF BONUS*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHH HAHAHAHA...

December 5, 2004 at 8:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my family is lookin for a new SUV and since XTERRA is a life saver i thinki might put in a good word for one!! :-D -cyndy
ps HAHAHAHAHA whatta night u had!
pss Magrical it SO boring right now i think i might die.

December 6, 2004 at 7:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam... they basically pay someone to tell you one car a time in those things... someone's getting their smart card taken away

P.S.... i have heard SO much crap about this year.. CRAZY drama. Ya

Logan

December 12, 2004 at 10:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home