Friday, November 19, 2004

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like TUUUUURKEY

There's nothing like the aroma of fresh turkey and deviled eggs. And what else could add to all of that but the sight of cranberry sauce that's still in the shape of the can?! Now, granted I don't LIKE cranberry sauce, but I still think it's funny to see it. BTW if you get the chunky cranberry sauce you're a freak.

But seriously, I like Thanksgiving but I honestly don't like most of the food. I like the turkey, but I've heard FRIED turkey is AMAZING so I've always wanted to try that. But as far as the stuffing/dressing goes, I'll pass.

WHAT IS THANKSGIVING? You ask? Well I'll tell you. It's when the Native Americans met with the pilgrims and they all had a big "fiesta". Yes, I say fiesta because it makes me laugh if I visualize them hitting piñatas and playing mariachi music all while giving thanks for the existance of corn. But yes. March 16, 1621 is the day when the Indian, Samoset, first introduced himself to the Pilgrim imigrants. Along with Squanto, Samoset taught the Pilgrims the basics of living; they taught them how to plant corn, get sap from maple trees, and pick plants for medicines. The Pilgrims responded by teaching the Indians well, nothing. The Pilgrims simply mooched off of their newly found friends and were ALMOST completely worthless (like the unwanted relative that comes and lives with you "just for a little while" but ends up staying forever and in the Indians case, taking over the ENTIRE country). It wasn't until mid-October that the Thanksgiving celebration or "fiesta" took place in which the Pilgrims invited the Native Americans to come and eat all of the food that they had planted. The Pilgrims were thankful for all that they had learned from their friends and that they just saved 15% on their car insurance by switching to Geico. This celebration lasted for THREE WHOLE DAYS! WHEW...

Anyway. What are YOU thankful for? This coming week is the time that you get to be thankful for all that you have! And now that I think about it. A Thanksgiving Fiesta sounds PRETTY DARN FUN to me! I think I'll start that up this year! FIESTA EVERYONE!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for lil bro...

--sis

November 19, 2004 at 6:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home